Centrax has been at the forefront of the Gas Turbine industry for over 65 years:
  • 2012

    First Centrax CX400 Gas Turbine PackageFirst Siemens 400 generator set built by Centrax sold to a French energy management company, for a district heating company in France in time for the next winter heating season.
  • 2011

    First two Trent 60s successfully commissioned at Ajka in Hungary.
  • 2011

    Centrax-Asry FPP130 Floating Power PlantJoint Venture with ASRY (Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard) to equip a Trent-powered multi-application floating power plant.
  • 2011

    Agreement with Siemens to package the Siemens 300 and 400 for the UK, France, the Netherlands, Belgium and Italy.
  • 2010

    Centrax CX501 KB7 Gas Turbines in AlgeriaWinner of The Queen's Award for Enterprise.
  • 2009

    First Trent 60 shipped.
  • 2007

    Trent 60 Gas Turbine at CentraxAgreement with Rolls-Royce to package the industrial Trent 60.
  • 2000

    Launch of new model 2000 generator set with on-skid controls.
  • 1995

    Allison Engine Company is bought by Rolls-Royce.
  • 1989

    Gas Turbine Division CX501 generator sets reach 1 million operating hours.
  • 1984

    Centrax becomes Allison Sole European Distributor.
  • 1982

    Commencement of manufacture and supply of complete turbine modules to Allison Engine Company.
  • 1979

    Centrax Mobile Gas Turbine Units for IBMCentrax sign agreement with Allison Engine Company to package industrial engines into generator sets.
  • 1962

    The Gas Turbine Division is formed to market the CS-600 engine.
  • 1955

    Relocation to Newton Abbot due to expansion and development of the Company's first industrial Gas Turbine.
  • 1946

    Chairman Mr R H H Barr OBE and the late Mr G R White founded Centrax in Brentford, Middlesex, England.