Centrax offers a full range of maintenance options from Scheduled Maintenance Inspections (SMI) to Comprehensive Maintenance Contracts (CMC) which ensure that customers maximise return on investment.
CMC – Comprehensive Maintenance Contract
The Comprehensive Maintenance Contract (CMC) ensures the optimum level of maintenance cover.
- All-inclusive price
- Budgetary control with guaranteed costs and financial planning
- Availability guarantees
- Emergency call-out and technical assistance
- Planned inspections and maintenance on site
- Scheduled engine overhauls with provision of spare engine
- Spare parts and transportation costs
- All labour costs including travel and subsistence
SMI – Scheduled Maintenance Inspection
- Inspected at regularly agreed intervals
- Includes inspection labour
- Access to spares and technical support
Engine Repair Facility
Centrax Gas Turbines has over 50 years’ experience in servicing and maintaining gas turbines. Our Centrax Engine Repair facility was established in 1995 to enable in-house repairs and turbine overhauls to be conducted on the Siemens 501-K gas turbine.
Customers purchasing 501-K powered generator sets became focused on the through-life costs and the requirement for Comprehensive Maintenance Contracts (CMC’s). Building the dedicated Centrax Engine Repair facility at our Newton Abbot plant enabled us to keep maintenance costs to a minimum, whilst ensuring the quality of this maintenance remained at the high level of quality our customers expect from us.
Our experts have a wealth of technical knowledge to support the range of Siemens 501K gas turbine engines. In addition as a service to the Customer, Centrax will monitor the running of the engine following the return to service, to ensure maximum turbine performance and efficiency.
As an experienced Siemens 501-K engine repairer, Centrax can offer advice and support at all stages of the engine repair/overhaul process:
- The Centrax Engine Repair facility provides support to our contracted fleet, our spare engine owned fleet and also external customers requiring the facilities we have to support their engines.
- We are able to test all 501-K derivative engines in one of our dedicated engine test facilities in Newton Abbot including DLE emissions tests where required
- Centrax continues to work closely with Siemens in the research and further development of the 501-K engine derivatives in particular the 501-KB7S DLE model
- In-house strip-down, build and re-assembly
- Centrax provides new Siemens OEM parts
Centrax supplies and builds the 501-K boost module for Siemens which is also fitted to the 501-KB7 and 501-KB7S derivatives; over 300 boost modules have now been assembled at Centrax.
Centrax also maintains an extensive 501-K gas turbine engine rental fleet to support our customer base.