Centrax has been at the forefront of the Gas Turbine industry for over 65 years:
2012: First Siemens 400 Generator set built by Centrax sold to a French Energy Management company, for a district heating company in France in time for the next winter heating season.
2011: First 2 Trent 60s successfully commissioned at Ajka in Hungary.
2011: Joint Venture with ASRY (Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard) to equip a Trent-powered multi-application floating power plant.
2011: Agreement with Siemens to package the Siemens 300 and 400 for the UK, France, the Netherlands, Belgium and Italy.
2010: Agreement with Rolls-Royce to package the RB211 for Europe.
2010: Winner of The Queen's Award for Enterprise.
2009: First Trent 60 shipped.
2007: Agreement with Rolls-Royce to package the industrial Trent 60.
2000: Launch of new model 2000 generator set with on-skid controls.
1995: Allison Engine Company is bought by Rolls-Royce.
1989: Gas Turbine Division CX501 generator sets reaches 1 million operating hours.
1984: Becomes Allison Sole European Distributor.
1982: Commencement of manufacture and supply of complete turbine modules to Allison Engine Company.
1979: Signed agreement with Allison Engine Company to package industrial engines into generator sets.
1962: The Gas Turbine Division is formed to market the CS-600 engine.
1955: Relocation to Newton Abbot due to expansion and development of the Company's first industrial Gas Turbine.
1946: Chairman Mr R H H Barr OBE and the late Mr G R White founded Centrax in Brentford, Middlesex, England.